There are several ways you can use your essential oils. Topical application and inhalation. Avoid consumption of essential oil, regardless whether therapeutic grade or not. Essential oils are highly concentrated and must not be consumed without advice from Certified Medical Practitioner.
1) Drip 2-3 drops of oil onto your palm or directly on the desired area. Massage the oil in circular motion to allow the oils to be absorbed by the skin.
2) Apply essential oils directly to the bottom of the feet as many nerve points of your body are found there.
Note: Some essential oils can be placed directly on the skin, but some cannot and should be mixed with a carrier oil. Some of the best carrier oils include coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and pomegranate seed oil.
1) Inhale directly from the bottle
2) Drip 2-3 drops of oils onto your palm, rub and inhale
3) Drop a few drops of essential oils into a bowl filled with hot water and inhale
4) Use a diffuser
Using a diffuser is a much recommended method as it is much long lasting and spread across the rooms for all.
Appease Essential Oils is of therapeutic grade, but it is not recommended to consume essential oil. Topical application and inhalation would be effective enough to bring the power of essential oil to your body. Researches done by Universities in Germany and Austria shown that essential oils apply on the feet are detected on the tongue in 20 minutes. This illustrate how fast essential oils are absorbed by our body and pass through the cells to the needed areas. Thus there is no need for oral consumption. Read about the risk of oral consumption here.
Applying onto your skin or uses of diffuser will still provide you sufficient time to discontinue if you feel uncomfortable. But once consumed, there is no turning back. Although essential oils are natural it does not mean it is safe for ingestion.
Only a certified aromatherapist who has extensive knowledge involving chemistry of essential oils, anatomy, physiology and detail understanding of your medical situation can advise and prescribe essential oils for ingestion.