Stress is something that is universal as everyone has some kind of problems in their life that stress them out. It is very important to relieve that stress from time to time for good mental as well as physical health because stress can cause physical as well mental issues. There are many different ways for lowering your stress like mental therapy by going to the therapist or psychologist, spas for relieving physical stress with the help of massages, meditation like yoga for both mental and physical health etc. Among all these options one of the easy and convenient option for relieving stress is the stress relieving body oils. Popularly known as aromatherapy that helps you relive stress and lower your anxiety by using oil massages. Essential body oil contains aroma compounds from plants to make concentrated hydrophobic liquid. The essential oil is mostly known by the name of the plant the oil is extracted from like oil of clove, oil of lavender, etc. Let us have a look at some of the best stress relieving body oils.
Stress relieving body oils for great comfort
1) Lavender Essential Oil: This is one of the most well known oil in aromatherapy. This is extremely popular in many spas as lavender oil has many different types of advantages. It contains many beneficial particles like linalool that helps you with relaxation because linalool has sedative effect. It also helps you to not only just relax your muscles but also helps with blood circulation and pressure. For examples it lowers your blood pressure, increases blood circulation and lowers the cortisol in your bloodstream. All this is not just theory but it is scientifically proven through studies in which patients suffering from anxiety were given lavender orally and the difference was evident. Their symptoms of restlessness and disturbed sleep came down and had a overall positive response and improved the quality of life.
2) Lemongrass Essential Oil: Lemongrass oil is another oil that is very popular in spas. This oil is extracted from lemongrass herb (Cymbopogon citrates) which is considered as natural relief for anxiety. So inhaling the aroma of lemongrass oil and rubbing it on your skin does help you to lower your anxiety and relax. The research has shown that the people participating immediately felt the beneficial effects of lemongrass oil as there was immediate reduction in anxiety and tension. Another study stated that people who get lemongrass oil massage once a week for three weeks had lower diastolic blood pressure. Along with relaxation it has many other health benefits as well such as antibacterial and antifungal properties as lemongrass oil is used as natural healer and for defense against bacterial and fungal attacks. Because of all these amazing benefits lemongrass oil makes one of the best essential stress reliving oil in the market.
3) Bergamot Essential Oil: Bergamot orange is a citrus fruit of the size of orange and its scent is used in many things like food, perfume and cosmetics. Bergamot oil is also widely used in aromatherapy which is extracted from the peel of the fruit. This oil really helps you to relive stress merely by smelling it and rubbing it on your body doubles the benefit. Research in bergamot oil effects is pretty limited but one research does show how bergamot aroma helps you to reduce stress and support relaxation. The research found that coming in with the contact of scent of bergamot orange essential oil for 15 minutes enhanced people’s positive feelings in mental health care centre.
4) Neroli Essential Oil: This essential oil is produced from blossom bitter orange tree. It has very unique aroma like sweet, honeyed and somewhat metallic with green and spicy facets. All this makes neroli essential oil one of the most popular oils in aromatherapy. it is used to put you at ease and relive stress. In a study conducted and published by Hepato-gastroenterologythe people involved in research inhaled two types of aromas, one half inhaled the scent of neroli essential oil and other half inhaled sunflower oil before going to colonoscopy and they concluded that people who inhaled the scent of neroli oil were calmer and displayed more positive vibes in comparison.
5) Lemon Essential Oil: This is one of the most naturally available oils in the market. It is extracted from the leaves of lemon plant and not lemon peels as the common misconception goes. Preliminary Studies on animals show that lemon essential oil has natural sedative and anxiety reducing properties. It is rich in linalool that helps you with relaxation because linalool has sedative effect. The people who practice aromatherapy often use lemon for multiple purposes such as from improving sleep, relieving stress, to improve mood and promote sleeping. In addition to all the benefits it can also ease the symptoms of depression effectively.